• Project 366 PhotoBlog
  • Tuesday, December 18, 2007

    Xmas

    Christmas Questions......you know what to do.

    1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? wrapping paper

    2. Real tree or artificial? Real, though it’s not the same as hiking up a hillside outside of Omaha and cutting down my own.

    3. When do you put up your tree? Used to be the weekend after Thanksgiving in order for it to be up for the party. Now, whenever we get around to it. This year we got it up on the 9th.

    4. When do you take down your tree? Shortly after the new year. By then, I’m anxious to get the crap out of the living room.

    5. Do you like eggnog? yes, but I can only stand about a shot glass worth, then I grow weary of the nog.

    6. Favorite gift received as a child? For some reason I remember the aircraft carrier that used a big rubber band to shoot toy planes through the air. I can’t imagine why that remains in my memory.

    7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a crèche from Naples that we bought by accidentally haggling with the Neopolitan artisan that made it.

    8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother, who seems to have everything she wants.

    9. Easiest person to buy for? My dad. I can always go for a book.

    10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? Couldn’t say off the top of my head.

    11. Mail or email Christmas cards? For the clinic, mail cards. For us, the generic email Christmas letter.

    12. Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life

    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as the semester ends.

    14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no

    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bourbon balls

    16. White or colored lights? Used to be all white, but I’ve grown to like the colored.

    17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells or God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

    18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home these days.

    19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep, though I’m not proud of it.

    20. Angel or Star on top of tree? We have both, so we let SkyGirl decide. She goes with the angel this year.

    21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Morning

    22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I was going to say the vast crowds that line up early on black Friday, but now since yesterday, it has to be the post office when the automatic postage dispenser doesn’t work and the package drop off box is locked because it is full.

    23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme? Does random count as a theme? Nearly all our ornaments are gifts from my family.

    24. What I love most about Christmas? It was seeing my family on Christmas eve, but that hasn’t happened in quite a while, so I’m going with the chance to have a party.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home